The Rutschke Family

The Rutschke Family

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Ezra-2 months old



TWO MONTHS OLD!!!
Ezra has been such a joy! Yes, he definitely never sleeps, cries a lot (we're thinking its reflux or a milk allergy), and never naps unless held and rocked, but man he's such an awesome kid! I can already tell he will probably be the most smiley kid ever cause he really is happy (when the reflux or whatever it is isn't bothering him). He spits up like crazy too!!! He tends to get fussy around 5 pm and cries for several hours. There are positions that we can get him mostly comfortable in, but it is us having to hold him. So it is pretty exhausting. I really don't ever get a break at all since even while he is sleeping, I have to hold him for the most part. I just keep reminding myself that he will only be a baby for a short little while and then he won't need me or want me like this ever again. And it really does help to keep things in perspective. But the sleepless nights, the constant state of being needed by someone else is really hard and tiring. And while I am doing my best to enjoy it.... it is still trying. Being a mom is hard! It's wonderful and beautiful but it is hard. And I think that's what makes is so amazing too though. How could it be so wonderful if it wasn't as difficult as it is? 

Things Ezra loves and does at 2 months: 


  • Loves to coo and smile
  • Very alert for a 2 month old
  • Weighs over 13 lbs and is in the 80% (I finally got a chunky boy!!!)
  • Still has most of his newborn hair but a lot (mostly the top) is starting to fall out :(. Hopefully it will grow back in quickly. I just wonder if it will stay dark or come back blonde ????
  • Is a gold medalist in spitting up.
  • Is finally starting to take the binki. He is the one kid that I've really wanted to take a binki since he's so fussy, and of course, he's the one kid who has been fighting it. But there is hope in sight! He has started to take it when he gets tired!! WOHOO!

Noah took this picture of his head. It actually turned out pretty sweet! I just love seeing Noah's hands and Ezra looking up to his big brother. 









Their first bath all together!




                                  First smile caught on camera! 


                                              Easter Sunday










No comments:

Post a Comment